Thursday, August 14, 2008

The cruel disappearing Magic trick!



I have always had fun with the habit my parents had with me. I would misbehave and one of my parents would say to the other "Your son.....". The angry parent would dis-own me in seconds. One bad decision made me disappear! It was like one of my friend's magic tricks. "Watch me lose a child in one bad decision!". I found myself doing that again this morning. My 7 month old was having trouble staying asleep at 2:30 due to congestion. When my wife woke up this morning for work I told her "Your son kept me up all night!". Now anybody that really knows me would know that I was just kidding but that behavior was followed with the thought "What if....What if God (Papa) said this to me and meant it?"

Wow....what a jaw dropper! I know this may catch people off guard but before you take offense, Think about it! I was given the "License to sin". I have made a commitment to a relationship that in return I was given the license to sin. This is a huge insurance policy that I did not earn but accepted as a gift. How would it feel to be told "your not my child any longer". There would be some major abandonment issues. "But why...what did I do for you to dis-own me???". This level of behavior could domino into a world of despair and pain in no time.

I am thankful to have a father that will love me no matter what I do! I am not trying to test him but I enjoy having this insurance policy...It makes things easier when I do make bad decisions!

1 comment:

Rick Gibson said...

Thought I overheard Jesus talking to Papa about you. He said, "Your son is down there tipping over sacred cows again!" And God said, "That's my boy!" :-)