Tuesday, December 4, 2007

How do I remain calm?


Some of you have seen me recently. Some of you only know me through this page. My emotions recently are quite high! I am EXCITED! I am trying to stay calm but it is very difficult. We will be adopting a newborn next month. There is a lot that could happen that would hurt our plans of bringing home this child. Currently...we have a commitment from a mother to have the child be raised by us. We have a baby room with crib, baby changing table, dresser, rocker and decorations. So our status is excited but scared or scared but excited! Our emotions are going crazy. We want to remain calm in case there is an incident (like she changes her mind about us, she runs away, medical issues or even death) that hurts our chances of bringing home the newborn.
We have much support (with or with out a child). But part of the excitement are the people that support us. They are anxious as well! They have been through this adoption journey of ups and downs with us! I am anxiuos to be a Father! I am actually looking forward to changing diapers. Cleaning my shirt from drool. Keeping a wandering eye on a climbing infant. Going to the store late at night for more diapers and formula. Basically......I am anxious to share my life with he or she!

3 comments:

Rick Gibson said...

I'm excited with you man! You'll be a great dad!

Anonymous said...

oh this is marvelous!

I'll pray for all of you.

Me said...

hi travis... my best to you all... Just had lunch with Jade Shaklee and he said to say hello for him. I am Jade and Ky's Uncle in Stillwater.. stan moffat.

have a great New Year.. all three of you!!
You don't need to make this public.. I just wanted you to know.